Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering and Minor in Physics, BITS Pilani, Hyderabad, 2020
My research interest lies in studying interesting physical phenomena and developing real-world applications out of them. I have gained a keen interest in the area of light-matter interaction which holds great promise for biosensing applications. I am presently working on photonic crystal enhanced quantum dot emission for the detection of cancer-associated miRNA.
- Fabricated and characterized AZO plasmonic nanostructures.
- Discovered, and explained Fano resonance in silver dimers separated by Graphene using COMSOL.
- Developed ellipsometry techniques to characterize silver and gold plasmonic systems.
- Fabricated and characterized a MoS2 based pressure sensor on a paper substrate.
- Modeled silicon nanowire-based biosensors for the detection of Troponin-I using Silvaco.
- A. P. Manuel, Priyash Barya, S. Riddell, S. Zeng, K. Shankar, “Plasmonic photocatalysis and SERS sensing using ellipsometrically modeled Ag nanoisland substrates”, IOP Nanotechnology, 2020
- V. Selamneni, Priyash Barya, N. Deshpandey, P. Sahatiya, “Low-cost, disposable, flexible and smartphone enabled all paper based pressure sensor for monitoring drug dosage in smart medicine applications”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2019
- Priyash Barya, T. Srinivas, Rahul Prajesh, “Predictive Modeling of silicon nanowire based sensing for cTroponin-I detection” (Proceedings of International Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development, Indiacom-2019)
Honors and Awards
- Mitacs Globalink Summer Research Scholarship, 2019
- NCERT – National Talent Search Examination Scholarship, 2014
- University Merit Scholarship, 2016-2020
- Graduated with Distinction, Highest division of academic performance, BITS Pilani – Hyd, 2020